If you’re after something that’s sort of like pizza but you simply don’t have time for the real thing, Bagel Bites are a great alternative. They make a great snack and they taste amazing.
The issue with Bagel Bites is that they need to be stored in the freezer, so lots of people really struggle to work out how they should be reheated and cooked properly.
There are three ways you can cook your Bagel Bites: in the oven, the microwave, or the air fryer. In this article, we’ll be telling you how to cook your Bagel Bites in the microwave so they stay tasty and don’t get dry.
If you want to learn how to cook bagel bites in the air fryer as well, you’ll have multiple methods available for preparing these bite-sized pizzas!
How Long To Microwave Bagel Bites?
So, how long do you need to cook your Bagel Bites in the microwave? Well, the answer purely depends on how many are in the package.
You also need to know the capacity level of your microwave and how much power it has. Microwaves with a lower power rate will take longer to cook your Bagel Bites.
But just for the sake of making it easier, let’s just say a microwave with a standard power rate and a packet of 8 Bagel Bites will take about 1 minute and 45 seconds to cook properly.
If you have a packet of 12 Bagel bites, then you will need to cook them in the microwave for about 2 minutes and 45 seconds instead.
Here’s a little table to help you understand how long each quantity will take:
|Number Of Bagel Bites||Cooking Time|
|4||55 seconds – 75 seconds|
|8||2 minutes & 30 Seconds|
|12||2 minutes & 15 seconds / 3 Minutes|
Every four Bagel Bites you add to the microwave will add on more time, so following the table times, it will be easy to work out the cooking time if you need to cook more than 12.
Though, to make it easier, only cook a maximum of 12 Bagel Bites at a time.
If you want to enjoy more, smaller bites of pizza, why not try pizza rolls? Learn how long to microwave pizza rolls and they’ll come out just as tasty as these bagel versions.
How To Cook Bagel Bites In The Microwave
Bagel Bites are really easy to cook, regardless of if you’re cooking them in the microwave or oven. If you do want to cook them in the microwave though, then just follow the instructions below!
- Don’t wait for your Bagel Bites to defrost. Just take them out of your freezer.
- Take the Bagel Bites out of their packaging and place them on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put the plate in the microwave and set the timer for the number of Bagel Bites you plan on cooking. Make sure the microwave heat setting is on high.
- Take the Bagel Bites out of the microwave, let them sit for a minute, and then serve.
Cooking your Bagel Bites in the microwave is the quickest and easiest way to do it. If you follow the instructions provided, you won’t have any issues and it will be impossible to burn or spoil them.
Tips For Cooking Bagel Bites In The Microwave
Though cooking/reheating food in the microwave is really a straightforward and easy process, there are a few tips you should know about that will make the whole process more efficient.
Let’s take a look at some tips for cooking your Bagel Bites in the microwave now.
- Don’t take your Bagel Bites out of your freezer until you’re ready to use them. You don’t need to wait for them to defrost, and if you leave them out to thaw, it can drastically affect the way they taste.
- The optimal temperature to cook your Bagel bites is about 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t let them get any hotter than that though.
- If you want your Bagel Bites to be softer, remove the crisping tray that is in the box and place it shiny side up in the microwave. Follow the cooking instructions, and then let them stand for a minute before you serve them.
Other than these tips, even if you’ve never made Bagel Bites before, you’ll find that they are super easy to make and you won’t really have much trouble.
How To Cook Bagel Bites In The Oven
Though the microwave is the easiest way to cook Bagel Bites, lots of people do prefer to use the oven.
Most people are concerned about how safe microwaves actually are, but it’s completely up to you which one you use to cook.
If you’d rather cook your Bagel Bites in the oven, then we’ve provided instructions below on how you can do that.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Without using a crisping tray, place your Bagel Bites on a baking sheet and make sure there is a little distance between each bite.
- Put the Bagel Bites onto the upper middle rack and let them cook for about 14 minutes.
- Finally, take your Bagel Bites out of the oven and let them stand for a minute before serving.
Though it does take a little longer to cook your Bagel Bites in the oven if you are concerned about the safety of a microwave, it is worth the extra time.
Best Way To Store Bagel Bites
It’s super easy to store Bagel Bites. If you’re planning on eating them within the next two to four days, you can just put them in your refrigerator.
You do have to make sure you eat them within that time frame though, otherwise, you’ll have to throw them away.
If you’re planning to eat them sporadically or at a much later date, then you need to store them in the freezer.
You can store them in the freezer for as long as the expiration date on the box says you can.
As you can see, cooking Bagel Bites, whether you’re using the oven or the microwave is super easy.
Even without these extra instructions, we’ve provided, as long as you follow the directions on the box, you can’t really overcook or burn them.
Remember, every four bites you add to the microwave will mean the cooking time will go up, so follow the table to make sure you’re cooking for the correct amount of time!
For another great classic finger food, learn how to cook mini corn dogs in the air fryer for a crispy, tasty addition to your snack spread.
- Easy 1 Ingredient Air Fryer Roasted Red Peppers Recipe! - September 19, 2023
- Air Fryer Bird’s Eye Crispy Green Beans in Under 10 Min! - September 17, 2023
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel: Less Oil More Flavor! - September 16, 2023