Bagel Bites are beloved by many households because they taste so darn good!
These mini pizza-like treats are extremely quick to make, so they are a great treat to cook when you haven’t got time.
But what if there was a way you could enjoy them even faster and even in a bit of a healthier way? Well, that’s where your air fryer comes in!
In this article, we’ll be showing you how to cook your bagel bites in an air fryer, how long it takes, as well as some extra information you should know about.
However, to save even more time, you can microwave bagel bites instead. They won’t be as crispy but take about half the time!
So let’s dive right in!
How To Cook Bagel Bites In An Air Fryer
Cooking your bagel bites in an air fryer couldn’t be easier. It’s quicker than cooking them in the oven and healthier than cooking them in the microwave.
Just follow these instructions and you’ll be enjoying your bagel bits in absolutely no time at all!
- First, you want to preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Next, put your bagel bites in the air fryer. It is advised that you cook them in a single layer and don’t stack them.
- Once they are in the air fryer, they are ready to cook. Air fry them for about 4 minutes.
- Finally, take them out of the air fryer and serve!
If you’re not familiar with how to preheat an air fryer, check out our guide on how to preheat a Ninja air fryer for some guidance.
How Long Do Bagel Bites Take To Cook In The Air Fryer?
As mentioned above, you will want to cook your bagel bites for about 4 minutes.
It is advised that you test them out after 4 minutes to see if they are to your liking, but if they aren’t, put them back in the air fryer for a further 1 to 2 minutes and they should be ready.
5 to 6 minutes is the average time they take to cook, but it’s down to personal preference if they need to be kept in for an extra minute or two.
Of course, if you’re in a rush, you could opt for their smaller cousin. Learn how long to microwave pizza rolls – spoiler alert: it’s half the time!
Can You Put Foil In An Air Fryer?
In short, yes you can put foil in your air fryer, but you should know something before you just go ahead and put it in there.
If you put foil at the bottom of your air fryer basket, it can actually block the circulation of air which in turn can cause your food to be cooked unevenly.
It’s honestly in your best interest not to bother putting any foil in your air fryer basket, especially if you want your food to be cooked evenly.
Pretty much all air fryers are designed so you don’t have to put any foil in the basket, so you don’t have to worry about the actual fryer getting damaged.
Though, sometimes it’s helpful to correctly add foil, like our special method to cook frozen potato skins in the air fryer which prevents burning!
Is It Healthier To Cook Food In An Air Fryer?
It really does depend on what sort of food you’re putting in your air fryer, but air-fried food is definitely healthier than deep-fried or microwaved food.
Air frying actually cuts calories down in any food you put in considerably. The amount it cuts down in terms of calories is actually between 70-80%!
If you deep fry food a lot, it’s definitely in your best interest to switch over to air frying if you can.
Not only is it a lot healthier, but air fryers have an incredibly fast cooking time that will definitely save you a tone of stress!
You can even use this versatile appliance for breakfast and toast a bagel in the air fryer!
How To Preheat Your Air Fryer?
If this is the first time you’ve used an air fryer, you’re probably wondering how you actually preheat it.
It’s super easy and simple to preheat your air fryer and only actually involves two steps. So let’s have a look at them here.
- First, you need to set the temperature to correspond with your desired food. If it’s something that is frozen or prepackaged, it will tell you on the package what the temperature needs to be.
- Once that is done, you just need to let it heat up for between 3 to 5 minutes. The amount of time will vary, depending on the size of your air fryer. Smaller air fryers take less time, whereas larger air fryers require more time.
As soon as these two steps are complete, you’ll be able to follow the instructions needed to actually cook your bagel bites or whatever other food you’re cooking.
It couldn’t be any more simple when it comes to preheating your air fryer.
Tips When Cooking Bagel Bites In An Air Fryer
- Prepare your air fryer basket before you actually place your bagel bites in it.
- Under no circumstances should you place foil or parchment paper in your air fryer basket while it is preheating. If you do, the hot air circulation will pull the foil or paper towards the heating element and it could cause a fire.
- Always read your air fryer manual to make sure if you can use foil or not. Some air fryers can’t use foil at all.
- If you want to avoid any food sticking to the air fryer basket, you should prepare the basket before you put any food in there.
- The cooking time for your bagel bites or any other food will vary depending on what air fryer you are using. Bigger air fryers will take longer to cook, whereas smaller air fryers will cook a lot faster.
Top your cooked Bagel Bites with some oregano for that true pizza flavor. You can even dry oregano in the air fryer to make sure you always have some on hand!
How To Store Leftover Bagel Bites?
If you find that you have some bagel bites leftover, it’s really easy to store them. Just put them in an airtight container and use them within 3 days.
To reheat them, all you have to do is put them back in your air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2 to 3 minutes.
Once you’ve made bagel bites in your air fryer for the first time, you’ll find yourself making them again and again!
They are super easy to make in your air fryer and they won’t take very long at all.
In fact, you can cook frozen Red Baron French Bread Pizza in the air fryer in a fraction of the time compared to an oven!
On top of that, cooking them in the air fryer is also a lot more healthy than if you decided to cook them in your deep fryer.
If you happen to be craving something more gooey and cheesy, then learn how to cook frozen mac and cheese bites in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Tongs or spatula
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F, following manufacturer guidelines
- Remove Bagel Bites from all packaging4 Frozen Bagel Bites
- Place the Bagel Bites in the preheated air fryer basket, allowing space between them for air circulation
- Cook at 375 degrees for 4 minutes
- Remove from air fryer using tongs (they will be hot) and enjoy
- Allow a minute to cool before eating
- Spraying your air fryer basket with nonstick spray is optional, but may help prevent sticking upon removal
- Since they have toppings, you won’t need to flip Bagel Bites during cooking
- Air Fryer Cabbage and Potatoes: Easy Vegetable Side Dish! - February 21, 2024
- Air Fryer Spinach Stuffed Salmon With Boursin & Tomatoes! - February 20, 2024
- Irish Margarita: Green Shamrock Cocktail With Jameson! - February 19, 2024