Everyone loves french fries because they are crispy and fresh. But usually, when you make fries, there are quite a few leftovers.
Pretty much everyone can agree that leftover fries just don’t taste the same. They seem to lose a lot of their flavor and can vary from getting too hard or too soggy.
That can be a real pain if you have lots of leftover fries and you don’t know what to do with them.
If you’re trying to work out the best way to reheat your fries in the microwave, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ll be showing you the best way to reheat your fries in the microwave, as well as how you can reheat them in the oven.
In the mood for a different style of potato? Try out the homemade potato chips as seen in our favorite Dr Oz microwave recipes article!
How To Reheat Fries In The Microwave
It should be noted that reheating fries in the microwave isn’t the most ideal way to go about it. Since microwaves have such a varied temperature, your fries can very easily turn to mush and not be very appetizing to eat.
However, if you do want to reheat them in the microwave, then follow these instructions and they will be fine to eat.
- Allow your fries to sit out of the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before starting
- Spritz your fries with vegetable or olive oil
- Get some paper towels 2-3 layers thick and place your fries on top of it
- Now, place your fries on a microwave-friendly plate
- Place another paper towel over the top to prevent splattering
- Cook fries on high for about 1-2 minutes (depending on quantity and fry size), stopping every 30 seconds to shake them around for even heating
- Take the fries out of the microwave and remove the paper towel
- Sprinkle some salt on the fries while they are still hot
- Spread the fries out and allow them to cool for 2 to 3 minutes
You will have to go through the process of trial and error to work out what the best results are because each microwave heats differently. If you follow these instructions though, you should be able to reheat your fries and enjoy them with no issue.
Add some salt and vinegar to your fries when they are done to give them a little bit more flavor.
While your fries are reheating, cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer for a quick, easy, and kid-friendly lunch!
You can also go for the classic combination by cooking some air fryer frozen hamburgers which will also come out delicious!
For those craving a fast food flavor, it takes just minutes to cook frozen White Castle burgers in the microwave!
How To Reheat Fries In The Oven
If you’d rather not reheat your fries in the microwave, then the oven is a much better alternative. So let’s have a look and see how you go about doing that.
- First, preheat the oven to somewhere between 400-425ºF. The higher the temperature, the crisper your fries will be.
- Grab a baking tray and cover it with foil
- Put your fries on the tray and make sure that they are evenly spread out
- Place your fries in the oven
- Add a little bit of oil to your fries and let them cook for about 5-10 minutes. If you want to increase the flavor, you can add salt, garlic, and/or paprika
- Make sure you shake the tray every so often to prevent your fries from burning
- As soon as the fries are crisp and heated, remove them from the oven and serve them
If you have a toaster oven, you can also reheat your fries this way. You might lose out on a bit of flavor if you use this method, but a toaster oven pretty much guarantees that your fries will get hot without getting soggy.
Alternatively, skip the oven and go for the air fryer! Using pre-cooked fries will save you a step in making the tasty Dirty Fries featured in our best Blackstone air fryer recipes.
How Long Can You Keep Fries Before Reheating Them?
All food can only be kept in the refrigerator for so long before it becomes unsafe to eat, and fries are no exception.
When it comes to how long you can keep fries in the refrigerator, the safest option is about 3 to 5 days, but aim more for 3 days. You need to make sure you keep them in a shallow, airtight container.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Fries?
If you want to know the best way to reheat fries, it is by reheating them in the oven.
A microwave is extremely convenient and quick, but there is lots of debate on how safe they are and the oven will always yield better results.
The main reason people choose not to reheat them in the oven is that it takes considerably longer. The microwave can have your fries ready in the same time it would take just to preheat the oven.
Even though ovens do take longer than the microwave, honestly, it’s worth the extra time. The oven will distribute heat a lot more efficiently and evenly, and your fries will taste a lot better.
If you do want to speed up the process with the oven, you can use a crisper tray. This will allow your fries to get as crispy as you need them to be, but in a fraction of the time, it would take without the crisper tray.
Why Do Cold Fries Taste Different?
This question has crossed everyone’s mind at least once and it does seem a bit strange that cold fries do taste a lot different than warm fries.
But when you look it to it, it actually makes a lot of sense why cold fries taste so different. Temperature is one of the biggest factors in how food tastes.
As the fries cool down, their taste will start to change. The cooler they are, the more flavor they lose.
When fries are hot and warm, their flavor heightens and they taste a lot better. When they are cooling down or cold, they have lost a lot of that flavor and that’s why they taste so different.
Whereas reheating your fries in the microwave is a lot more convenient, if you want to get the best flavor, you should really consider reheating them in the oven.
However, if you don’t have time, that doesn’t mean that you can’t reheat them in the microwave. You can still get them to taste good as long as you follow the instructions we’ve provided for you.
Did you know you can also reheat a baked potato in the microwave quickly and easily? It’s convenient for all sorts of different potato dishes!
And remember, if you are reheating fries, make sure they are no more than 5 days old. If they are, it’s in your best interest to just throw them out because they will be spoiled.
Adding herbs and spices to your leftover fries will also help improve the taste, so consider that when you go to reheat them!
If you’re interested in cooking some frozen fast food fries, then learn about cooking Arby’s Curly Fries in the Air Fryer!
- Easy 1 Ingredient Air Fryer Roasted Red Peppers Recipe! - September 19, 2023
- Air Fryer Bird’s Eye Crispy Green Beans in Under 10 Min! - September 17, 2023
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel: Less Oil More Flavor! - September 16, 2023