Egg rolls are a fantastic snack or appetizer to cook for your family or serve at a party.
If you want to cook some egg rolls but you want to cook them a little bit faster, then you definitely need to try cooking them in your air fryer!
When they are cooked in the air fryer, they are even more crispy on the outside, but the inside remains fantastically soft and delicious. This is the same thing I enjoy about cooking Bibigo dumplings in the air fryer!
On top of this, air frying your egg rolls instead of deep frying them actually makes them a bit more healthy, so you don’t have to feel guilty when you use this cooking method.
That makes me feel even better about eating them alongside some instant noodles. Just microwave cup noodles while the egg rolls are air frying, and you’ll have a complete meal ready together!
In this article, we’ll show you just how to cook them and also how long it will take. So let’s get started.
If you’re interested in making your own homemade rolls, then check out these unique Reuben Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Frozen Egg Rolls In The Air Fryer?
If you’re wondering how long you need to cook your frozen egg rolls in the air fryer, the answer is between 10-15 minutes.
If you trust yourself and your cooking abilities, you don’t have to time it. However, you can always check with a thermometer. At 165 degrees (F), the egg rolls are ready.
You can just wait for your egg rolls to cook thoroughly and they will look golden brown in appearance.
The length of time they will take to cook does depend on the size of your air fryer too, so make sure you take that into account when you are cooking them.
How To Cook Frozen Egg Rolls In The Air Fryer
Cooking frozen egg rolls in your air fryer couldn’t be easier!
If you follow the steps we have provided here, you’ll be dining on this delicious snack in absolutely no time at all.
- You want to begin by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You also want to make sure you’ve prepared the air fryer basket if it is needed and spray it with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, put the frozen egg rolls in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Once you’ve placed them in the air fryer basket, you want to cook them at 360 degrees Fahrenheit between 10 and 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- As soon as they are cooked, you must carefully remove them from the air frying basket and put them on a serving plate.
- Serve with some dipping sauce, and some rice, and enjoy!
NOTE: You will need to compensate for the time needed to cook the egg rolls depending on the size of your air fryer.
If you’re using mini egg rolls instead of regular rolls, you will need to cook them for 2 to 3 minutes less.
While they take a little longer than their frozen counterparts, you can also make your own fresh egg rolls in an air fryer. Check out the Philly Cheesesteak eggrolls in our best Blackstone air fryer recipes to give it a shot!
What Is The Difference Between Egg Rolls And Spring Rolls?
You might be wondering what the difference is between egg rolls and spring rolls because they are pretty similar.
Egg rolls are usually wrapped in thick flour and rice paper, before they are dipped in an egg and flour mixture, and then they are fried.
Spring rolls on the other hand are wrapped in much thinner wrappings. Egg rolls are usually always fried, but spring rolls can be fried or even baked in the oven.
Though both are incredibly similar, these differences are usually how you can tell which is which.
If you’re interested, then take a look at my guide on how long to cook frozen spring rolls in the air fryer. These also come out so amazingly crispy and delicious!
What Dipping Sauce Is The Best For Egg Rolls?
To truly enjoy egg rolls, you need to have some dipping sauce to accompany them!
There are lots of dipping sauces that go with egg rolls, but some of the most popular choices include:
- Duck sauce
- Plum sauce
- Hot mustard
- Sweet Chili sauce
- Soy sauce
There are lots of other dipping sauces you can opt for though, so just have a look around online if the ones we have listed don’t really suit your taste.
I also use some of these dipping sauces for air fryer frozen crab rangoon, so you can enjoy a whole Asian snack platter!
Don’t forget you can also enjoy a healthier vegan Asian snack with my spicy garlic air fryer frozen edamame!
If you have some leftover dipping sauces, the good news is they work just as well with chicken! Just cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer for an easy meal.
How Do You Store Leftover Egg Rolls?
When it comes to frozen egg rolls, you usually won’t end up with leftovers because they come in a pack and you’ll be able to choose how much you have to cook.
If you have any egg rolls leftover that you want to eat on a different day though, then you can easily store them to make sure that they don’t go bad.
Just bear in mind that leftover egg rolls usually only last for 2 days in the refrigerator.
You need to make sure that they are kept in an airtight container too, or they will go bad faster.
To reheat your leftover egg rolls, you just need to set your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit, like you would if they were frozen, and cook them in a single layer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Make sure that the egg rolls are completely cooked through before you serve them, and then enjoy!
You can learn more about how to reheat spring rolls in the air fryer using my guide. The same technique works for both egg and spring rolls!
Extra Tips For Cooking Your Frozen Egg Rolls
Here are some extra tips to keep in mind when you are cooking frozen egg rolls that will make cooking them in the air fryer a bit easier and more convenient:
- Do not add any more than a single layer of egg rolls, and do not stack them. The single layer will ensure that they are cooked better.
- You don’t have to add extra oil to your frozen egg rolls unless you want to. They do already have oil in them from when they were originally cooked. However, adding a couple extra spritzes helps them get really crispy and golden
This is a great tip in general for cooking wrapped-style foods. You’ll see a similar tactic in how to cook hot pockets in the air fryer.
Cooking frozen egg rolls couldn’t be easier when it comes to using an air fryer. Cooking them in an air fryer is an absolute game changer as well.
Once you’ve tried them this way once, you won’t want to use the deep fry method ever again.
If you’re looking for additional appetizers to set out for a party, then consider reading my article on how to cook frozen onion rings in the air fryer for more golden brown crunchiness!
And remember, cooking them in the air fryer is actually a lot more healthy than in the deep fryer.
So if you want to enjoy them guilt-free, this is the best method for you to use.
Try this method out today and get your favorite dipping sauce, and you’ll be enjoying this popular snack in no time!
Crispy Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 4 frozen egg rolls (any brand)
- oil spray (olive or similar)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F
- Remove frozen egg rolls from all packaging4 frozen egg rolls
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil to prevent stickingoil spray
- Place the frozen egg rolls in the preheated air fryer basket, leaving air space between each roll
- Add an additional spritz of oil to the top of the egg rolls if you want a more browned top (optional)
- Air Fry frozen egg rolls at 360°F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through
- If needed, cook for an additional 5 minutes, in 1-2 minute increments, or until egg rolls reach an internal temperature of 165°F
- Allow egg rolls to rest for about 2 minutes before consuming
- Serve with your favorite sauce for dipping, or rice or noodles to make a meal
- If you like extra crispy egg roll wrappers, apply another spritz of oil after you’ve flipped them at the halfway mark
- It takes me about 14 minutes on average to cook frozen pork egg rolls in a Ninja Foodi dual zone air fryer, but other brands, fillings, and air fryers may vary slightly
- You don’t need to add or reduce time for more or less egg rolls, so long as they have adequate air circulation
- The egg rolls will be very hot when they come out. Cut them in half or poke a hole in the corner to help release heat
- Recommended dipping sauces include: duck sauce, plum sauce, hot mustard, sweet chili sauce (pictured), hoisin, or soy sauce
- Exact nutritional values will vary depending on specific brand and flavor used, and any sauces consumed, so please consider this as only a guideline or estimate
- Microwave Sticky Rice (Coconut with Mango Recipe) - March 9, 2023
- What is a Convertible Vent on a Microwave? - March 8, 2023
- Easy Air Fryer French Toast Casserole - March 7, 2023