With everyone and their dog getting an air fryer, it seems only right that you join in. You don’t want to miss out on easy, healthy cooking.
Whether you are looking to cook a whole roast chicken or make some delicious sweet treats, an air fryer really can take your cooking to the next level.
But a regular air fryer just won’t cut it for your larger family.
If you’ve got a family larger than 2, you might struggle to cook your mouth-watering recipes in a typical air fryer.
Not to worry! There are now air fryers created with families of up to 10 people in mind. You just have to get the right one for you and your cooking needs.
In this article we have put together 5 of the best air fryers for large families for you to choose from.
There is also a nifty buyers guide to keep you right when selecting your air fryer. Keep reading to find out more!
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Need your air fryer to do more than roast cauliflower or bake your fries?
The Instant Pot Vortex Plus is the air fryer for you. With a 5.7L capacity, this air fryer can cook whole pizzas and rotisserie chickens with ease.
This airy fryer is a 6 in 1 meaning that you can cook your favorite recipes 6 different ways all in one appliance.
From baking mouth watering cinnamon rolls to roasting garlicky potatoes, you can do everything to make a stunning meal with one piece of machinery.
The fully customizable smart dial lets you preset your cooking times and temperatures whether you are cooking from or frozen.
There is also the benefit of the EvenCrisp technology which means using 95% oil as the air circulates around each piece of food and cooks it all the way through to perfection.
At an affordable price you can cook up to 6 portions at the one time making it perfect for growing families or someone who prefers to prepare their meals for the week in one sitting.
- 5.7 Liter: The basket for this air fryer is made specifically for large families. You are able to make up to 6 portions in one sitting, or a range of side dishes at the one time. Making it easier to feed your growing family.
- Price: This air fryer is affordable and high quality.
- 6-in 1: Dehydrate, roast, bake, grill, fry, or reheat your recipes with this 6-in1 technology.
- EvenCrisp Technology: Get crispy, perfectly cooked food every time with the EvenCrisp Technology.
- Cleaning: Water can get trapped between the two panes of glass making it difficult to clean fully.
Cooking two dishes at once has never been easier with the NuWave Brio Air Fryer.
With 2 shelves you can cook your rotisserie chicken while your green beans can roast on the bottom.
The glass panel and internal light mean that you can see your food at all times with no need to open the door.
This air fryer has a multitude of smart features including an integrated digital temperature probe.
You set the desired temperature of your food, the Brio monitors the cooking of your food and automatically stops cooking when your food is to your desired temperature.
You can never over or undercook your food with the NuWave Brio Air Fryer.
There is also a smaller version of 7.5 quarts for smaller families, but this air fryer cooks for up to 10 people. This makes cooking for a party or just your family simple. If you're not sure where to start, check out our list of the 5 best Nuwave air fryer recipes to try today.
- 15.5 Quarts Capacity: Cook for up to 10 people with this convenient air fryer.
- Integrated Digital Temperature Probe: When the appropriate internal temperature is reached, Brio automatically stops the cooking process. This is done by the air fryer continuously monitoring the internal temperature of your meal.
- 2 Shelves: Cook your main dish along with your side dishes all in one appliance.
- Price: While you can cook for up to 10 people, this air fryer does come with a rather expensive price tag.
A family of five or more will benefit most from this GoWISE smart air fryer.
With a capacity of just under 13 quarts, it is pretty large and can easily cook a complete dinner without any issues.
You can easily fit this appliance on your countertop and trust us, you won't want to put it away.
With 15 cooking pre-sets, you can easily set your air fryer to cook at the correct temperature for the right amount of time. Take all of the guesswork out of cooking!
The GoWISE USA Deluxe also comes with a range of accessories including rotisserie rods, cages and a mesh basket. This allows you to cook multiple dishes at one time!
You are also gifted a recipe book with your purchase that includes 50 delicious recipes to make in your new, innovative air fryer.
If you want to get a head start on food inspiration, check out my list of the best GoWISE air fryer recipes to try!
- 3 Rack Levels: Cook a range of dishes at the same time with the rack shelving system.
- Accessories: With a range of accessories, you can cook your recipes in a variety of ways all by using a rod or mesh basket.
- Price: Affordable price for a large air fryer that can cook for up to 5 people.
- 15 Presets: Simply choose the time and temperature for your dish and let the air fryer get to work. No guessing.
- Weak Latch: When using the rotisserie, ensure the latch is closed properly and securely. Otherwise, your food may be undercooked, and the air fryer may make loud noises.
Want an air fryer that can easily cook for your large family and has a sleek, compact design?
The COSORI Air Fryer is large enough to cook for up to 6 people with a 6.4 liter basket whilst looking sleek and polished for your kitchen countertop.
The Dual Blaze with 360 ThermoIQ technology is what makes this appliance so special.
Without having to turn the food or shake the basket halfway through cooking, it uses top and bottom heating elements that adjust as the food cooks to produce a perfect cook.
With 11 presets and a removable, dishwasher safe basket you can cook and clean up with ease.
Download the VeSync app and control and monitor your air fryer from anywhere through WiFi.
When cleaning simply remove the basket and place in the dishwasher for a deep clean. The cool to touch handle prevents any burning.
- Design: Compact and sleek design perfect any kitchen with a large family of up to 6 people.
- Dual Blaze 360 ThermoIQ Technology: Get perfectly cooked food every time without needing to flip the food or shake the basket.
- App: Download the VeSync app to control and monitor your food from anywhere.
- Not Compatible with Alexa: The app is not compatible with Alexa meaning you'll still need to watch to ensure you don't overcook your food by accident.
This multipurpose air fryer also functions as a dehydrator and rotisserie oven.
This air fryer stands out from others because of how well it performs the tasks of baking and cooking.
With a 10-liter frying capacity and 1700W of power, it can still produce crispy, delicious fries while using less oil.
With no need to preheat, you can cut minutes off of your cooking time and the 14 presets make cooking simple with no guesswork or calculating.
Get started with your new air fryer with our 5 best Chefman air fryer recipes to try today.
- Dishwasher Safe: Save hours of clean up by removing the basket and placing it in the dishwasher for a deep clean.
- Multifunctional: Cook a range of recipes with this air fryer.
- Interior light: See the progress of your food at any time with the interior light.
- 10 Liter Basket: Cook for a large crowd with this above average basket size.
- Storage: Due to the size of this air fryer, it can be difficult to store on a small counter top or in a small cupboard.
Best Air Fryers For Large Families Buying Guide
When deciding which air fryer would best suit your family's cooking needs, there are certain features that may influence your decision.
We have made this simple buyer's guide to help make sure your air fryer does everything you need it to.
Type Of Air Fryer
There are certain types of air fryers that have big differences. From making cooking simple to making it that touch harder.
- Analog Air Fryer: These models of air fryers come with manual timer and temperature dials allowing you to select what you need. However, they often make it difficult to select an accurate time or temperature which could ruin your recipe.
- Digital Air Fryer: These models of air fryers have a digital touch screen or buttons which allow you to accurately select the time and temperature for your food to cook. They can also come with features such as preset, preheat and shake reminders.
Size Of Your Household
If you plan to cook with your air fryer regularly, then the amount of people you are cooking for will heavily influence the air fryer you purchase.
- 2 to 3 People: If you cook for up to 3 people regularly then you may require a smaller air fryer than larger families. Households of 3 or less people will only require an air fryer with a basket of 3 quarts. This size will allow you to easily cook for 3 people without having to cook in separate batches
- 4 to 6 People: When cooking for up to 6 people you may want to opt for a larger air fryer of 7.5 liters. These versions can air fry vegetables, pieces of chicken breast, and fish in addition to enabling you to make full meals at once. Even creating a cake with them is an option.
- 7 or More People: It can be more difficult to find an air fryer that can accommodate cooking for 7 or more people. However, there are air fryers with a basket or 10 quarts that can cook for up to 10 people.
Easy To Use
While they may seem simple to use once you get into the different settings it can become confusing.
The majority of air fryers have a simple dial to twist or they have easy to use controls.
They also come with handy, clear instructions for all of their special settings and features.
Following the instructions means that you will be cooking your favorite dishes in no time at all!
If you have to spend a considerable amount of time pressing buttons and twisting dials then your air fryer may be more a hindrance than a benefit.
Find an air fryer that works with your knowledge and makes your life in the kitchen easier.
Many believe that all they can do in an air fryer is fry their food. This is not the case.
An air fryer has a range of uses from frying, grilling, baking, and roasting. If your air fryer can only air fry your food then you may want to return and find a new one.
We recommend purchasing an air fry that has no less than 6 uses to make it as versatile as possible for your every need.
You can even reheat your food in an air fryer! Never again will you have to face leftover pizza that goes soggy in the microwave. Pop it in the air fryer for hot, crispy, delicious pizza. Learn how long to reheat wings in the air fryer to go with it!
In the event that you have a digital air fryer, then it likely comes with a range of presets available.
Now, unless you plan on cooking the same dish over and over again, these presets are extremely beneficial.
This will allow you to determine an accurate cooking and set time for a range of recipes.
Whether it's frozen or fresh, your air fryer could already have a preset for your meal.
Presets can be difficult to navigate, especially if you have never had an air fryer before but once you read the instructions, you will be making food like never before.
You can select the preset you need and complete other household tasks while your food cooks, or watch your favorite shows.
To make their air fryer more exciting, many companies now offer a set of accessories with their air fryers.
Skewer rods, mesh baskets, drip trays, and even roasting grates are popular inclusions. Air fryer accessories are what allow you to get other uses out of the same appliance.
If you're really into roasting accessories, check out our best air fryers with rotisserie.
Another accessory is the amount of compartments the air fryer has.
Whether it’s a shelving system or 2 baskets, the more compartments your air fryer has, the more you can cook at one time.
This makes cooking easier and a lot quicker. However, if you are purchasing a smaller air fryer then it may only be designed with 1 basket or shelf.
Best Air Fryers For Large Families Frequently Asked Questions
If you happen to need more information on purchasing an air fryer for a large family, we have answered the most commonly asked questions!
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a countertop appliance that, at its core, is a potent little convection oven.
It cooks food much more quickly than a traditional oven because of its small size in combination with high fan speed.
Is An Air Fryer Healthier Than Deep Frying?
In short, yes an air fryer is healthier than deep frying. You immerse food in oil when you are deep frying.
When utilizing an air fryer, you can get a nice, crisp finish while using very little oil.
With the extra bonus of using a lot less oil, the finished product isn't precisely the same as when deep-fried but it comes very close!
Is An Air Fryer Worth It For A Large Family?
Yes! If you enjoy cooking for your family and want to make your favorite recipes quickly, easily and in a healthier way then an air fryer is worth it.
However, depending on the number of people in your family you may require an air fryer with a larger basket capacity.
You are all set to purchase the perfect air fryer for your large family.
Whether you are a master in the kitchen or are used to throwing dinosaur nuggets in the oven, an air fryer can take your food to the next level.
With the 5 best air fryers for families above, you can select the best air fryer for your household.
With options that accommodate families of 2 all the way up to families of 10, everyone can enjoy the wonders of an air fryer.
Not only does cooking take less time, but cleanup does too! Check out how to clean a Ninja air fryer to see just how simple it is.
We hope our reviews and handy buyer's guide helps you select the best air fryer for you, your family and your cooking needs.