If you’ve just unboxed your new (or new to you) air fryer, you’ve probably got a lot of questions. If you can’t find the manual or don’t want to bother, don’t worry! Today we’ll discuss how to use a Chefman air fryer to help you get started.
The Chefman brand makes a wide variety and sizes of air fryers, all with different functions. We’ll try to cover the most common models in terms of how to use them, so you should be able to find one at least similar to yours.
Once you’re a pro at operating it, make sure to try out some of these best Chefman air fryer recipes to see what it can really do!
How Do You Use a Chefman Air Fryer For the First Time?
- Remove all packaging, stickers, and components from the inside and outside of the air fryer
- Racks, trays, and interior accessories are dishwasher safe, so clean them in the dishwasher (or use hot soapy water and hand wash if preferred)
- Wipe down the outside of the Chefman air fryer with a damp soft cloth or sponge
- Once all parts are completely dry, you are ready to use a Chefman air fryer for the first time
You never want to expose the main body or electrical components of the air fryer to water, as that is an electrical hazard. Only the interior cooking areas are designed for vigorous washing.
This process cleans up all dust, debris, and residual shipping dirt to make sure none of it gets in your food when you cook the first time.
Note that it will be normal for your Chefman air fry to smell a little “plastic-like” during the first use, but the smell will fade within a few cooking cycles.
If this bothers you, learn more about why your air fryer smells and some other ideas for how to fix it.
The next step is to plug it in and turn it on! That leads me to:
How to Turn On a Chefman Air Fryer
How to turn on a Chefman air fryer is as simple as plugging it in. Plug the power cord into a wall outlet, and the unit will automatically power on, displaying the control panel.
Some models, like the Chefman air fryer oven and some analog versions, have a red or green power light that will illuminate once plugged in to indicate that it’s turned on.
Any model that has a standby mode may be awakened by pressing the power/start button, typically located on the top of the unit as a large button.
If your Chefman air fryer does not turn on when plugged in, make sure that the basket is all the way in.
How to Preheat a Chefman Air Fryer
- Plug your Chefman air fryer into the wall outlet so it powers on
- Set the temperature to the desired setting for your recipe. For digital models, use the up and down arrows near the thermometer-shaped icon. On analog models, simply twist the dial to the corresponding temperature
- Then, set the cooking timer for 3 minutes. This is done via the time dial on analog models, or by using the arrows near the clock-shaped icon on a digital model
- For digital models, you’ll need to press the start/pause button to begin cooking. Analog models will begin when you release the timer dial
- When this cooking cycle finishes, your Chefman air fryer is preheated
For more information on preheating (and how to do so for different air fryers) make sure to check out how to preheat a Pampered Chef air fryer and how to preheat a Ninja air fryer for some helpful tips!
How Do I Know My Chefman Air Fryer is Preheated?
There are 2 ways to know if your Chefman air fryer is preheated:
- Some analog models come with a preheat indicator light that will illuminate a green light on the outside of the unit when the target temperature is reached
- Place an oven thermometer in the basket of the air fryer and check the temperature after a preheat cooking cycle
Aside from that, you can honestly just assume that the Chefman air fryer is adequately preheated after the 3 minute cycle.
It doesn’t take air fryers long to come up to temperature, and even if it’s not the exact temperature needed at the start, it shouldn’t affect your cooking at that point.
Do You Need to Preheat a Chefman Air Fryer?
Whether you need to preheat a Chefman air fryer largely depends what unit you have. Any of the Turbo series models do not require preheating, as they reach target temperature very quickly. Most other models of Chefman air fryer should be preheated.
That said, it doesn’t hurt to preheat your air fryer either way. So, if you’re not sure what model you have or you just want to play it safe, go ahead and do it.
Preheating the air fryer helps to ensure you get more even cooking, and leaves you with more even crisping, so it’s definitely worth it – especially since it only takes a few minutes.
Just set it while you prep the rest of your ingredients and it’ll be ready to go by the time you are!
How Do You Cook in a Chefman Air Fryer?
- Power on the Chefman air fryer by plugging it into the wall outlet, and pressing the power button if need be
- If applicable, select the mode you would like to cook (bake, air fry, etc) using the dial or touch screen mode buttons
- Place your food in the cooking chamber of the air fryer
- Select the designated recipe temperature using the up and down arrows near the thermometer icon, or by turning the dial to the desired marking
- Repeat the process to set time, using the arrows near the clock icon or by turning the dial
- Release the time knob on an analog model to begin cooking, or press the start/pause on a digital model
- The Chefman air fryer will automatically turn off for safety about 30 seconds after the cooking cycle completes (and will beep to alert you that it’s done)
While every model of Chefman looks slightly different, the controls are inherently the same. Make sure to look for the corresponding settings on your model and you’ll be cooking in no time – literally!
How to Use a Chefman Air Fryer Oven
- Plug in the Chefman air fryer oven to a power outlet, ensuring the red power light illuminates
- Use the third dial to set the desired mode, between bake, broil, toast, air fry, or warm
- Next, select the desired temperature using the second dial
- Lastly, the first dial is used to set the timer
- Preheat the air fryer oven by setting the timer for 3 minutes at the desired cooking temperature
- Add your food, and then set the timer again for the cooking cycle
- The Chefman air fryer oven automatically begins cooking when the timer button is released
On the right hand side, a fourth knob is there only for toasting mode, and simply allows you to select how dark you’d like your toast for this automatic program.
Note that this is for the Chefman air fryer toaster oven. Their Toast-Air, while similar in function, has digital controls instead of analog.
You can follow the same process by pressing buttons instead of dialing knobs. Here, however, you’ll need to hit start instead to begin cooking.
These multifunctional air fryers are great because they can do so many things in one unit, and thanks to their size they feed families easily. Check out some of the other best air fryers for large families for additional options!
How to Use the Chefman Air Fryer Rotisserie
- Power on the air fryer
- Insert the drip tray into the bottom of the Chefman air fryer (line with foil if desired for easier cleanup)
- Remove your chicken (or whatever you’re rotisserie cooking) from all packaging, then pat dry and season as desired
- Insert the rotisserie rod through the body of the chicken, so that it sticks out both ends cleanly
- Set the rod into the Chefman air fryer rotisserie slots (which are about ⅔ the way up on each side)
- Close the air fryer door
- Select the rotisserie setting from the menu (shaped like a roasted chicken)
- The program will default to 400°F for 45 minutes, but may be manually adjusted if desired
- Press the start/pause button (on the top of most rotisserie enabled Chefman units)
After the cooking cycle completes, make sure to check for doneness. Chicken should be at least 165°F to be fully cooked, but follow guidelines for other meats and foods accordingly.
If you need inspiration for how to season your chicken, make sure to check out the tasty Peruvian rotisserie chicken featured in our best Pampered Chef air fryer recipes.
Carefully remove the rotisserie from the air fryer, as it will be hot. Don’t forget to remove the spit from the chicken before serving!
It’s no wonder that a Chefman air fryer made our list of best air fryers with rotisseries seeing how easy it is!
Can You Put Foil in a Chefman Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put foil in a Chefman air fryer. It’s completely safe!
Like most air fryers, you don’t want to block air circulation with it though. Only line the drip pan that goes in the bottom of the unit in entirety.
Other racks can be partially covered, but not so much as to stop air from flowing around the cooking chamber. I generally recommend just wrapping the food itself and placing it on the rack that way, like this air fryer baked potato with foil.
Additional Air Fryer Brand Guides
- How To Guide for a GoWise USA Air Fryer
- How to Use a Black and Decker Air Fryer
- Helpful How To For a Bella Air Fryer
- LG Air Fryer Oven Useful Guide
- How to Use a Frigidaire Air Fryer Oven
Now that you know how to use a Chefman air fryer, you should be able to figure out how to make yours cook for you. While they offer a huge number of options from small countertop models to larger air fryer ovens, they all work the same at the core.
Chefman is an incredibly popular brand of air fryer, since they’re easy to use, clean, and offer a wide variety of shapes and styles to suit many lifestyles. Check out the model that can both rotisserie and dehydrate over in our best air fryer dehydrator recommendations!
- How to Use Your Frigidaire Air Fry Oven: Tips & Tricks! - November 3, 2023
- Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats: Just 3 Easy Steps! - November 2, 2023
- 5 Min Caramel Apple Cider Margaritas: Easy Fall Cocktail! - November 1, 2023