Every time I have extra food on hand, I always feel bad about it potentially going to waste. One of the best ways to preserve it is through dehydration!
So today, we’re looking at the best air fryer dehydrators that combine your favorite air fryer cooking qualities with dehydration capability.
Turn that extra fruit into fruit chips, dehydrate your fresh herbs, and even make jerky from your meats.
An air fryer dehydrator is a super useful combo unit that helps you out. Did I mention they’re super easy to use too?
OUR BEST OVERALL PICK
When it comes to the best overall air fryer dehydrator, the Ninja AF101 gets top pick. This countertop air fryer boasts 4 cooking functions all in one space-saving appliance.
It features a dedicated dehydrate function designed just for your fruits, vegetables, and meats. When you’re not dehydrating, it can air fry, roast, or reheat other foods as well. I love multi-functional appliances!
The downside for me is the 4-qt capacity, but that’s one of the things that keeps it economical space-wise.
It’s perfect for 1-2 people, but you won’t be batch dehydrating a bushel of apple slices without a lot of patience.
If you want a quality air fryer dehydrator that will cook and dehydrate well, look no further than the Ninja AF101.
Its sub $100 price tag makes it affordable as well, which is always a win in my book!
Make sure to check out how to clean a Ninja air fryer so you’re always ready to cook (or dehydrate) the next thing!
- Can air fry, roast, reheat, and dehydrate all in one unit
- Adjustable temperature ranging from 105-400 degrees
- Dishwasher safe basket and rack for easy cleanup
- Holds up to 1 lb food for dehydration at a time
- Space saving at only 12” wide
- 4-qt capacity is good for 1-2 people (but not great for big batches)
Also Available At
BEST AIR FRYER DEHYDRATOR TOASTER OVEN COMBO
When it comes to the best air fryer dehydrator toaster oven combo, it’s the Cosori CS130-AO. This impressive countertop oven has a whopping 12 functions and a huge 30L capacity.
This makes it great for large families, comfortably feeding up to 7 people!
If that capacity is important, make sure to check out some of these other best air fryers for large families for more great options.
If you’re looking for an air fryer dehydrator that can also toast, bake, and broil like a toaster oven, then this is it. In fact, it does a better overall job versus a standard toaster oven because it heats more evenly.
With voice controls and app monitoring, you’ll be even more hands off with your cooking than ever before, making it easy and a time saver.
It’s definitely more expensive than some other models, but with 12 different cooking functions, I think it’s worth it to not have to buy a few other appliances.
I wish it was dishwasher safe so cleanup was easier, but the racks clean in soap and water without too much trouble.
Overall, this Cosori air fryer dehydrator is an awesome choice if you’re looking for a unit with a toaster oven option as well.
- 12 different cooking functions, including dehydrating, rotisserie, air frying, pizza, broiling, and more
- Includes 6 inserts to meet a variety of cooking needs
- Alexa and Wi-Fi compatible with a smartphone app
- Large 30L capacity holds a 13” pizza or 5-lb roaster chicken and feeds 5-7 people comfortably
- Internal trays are not dishwasher safe
- Long preheat time due to size (7-10 minutes)
- External housing gets pretty hot
Also Available At
BEST AIR FRYER WITH ROTISSERIE AND DEHYDRATOR
The Instant Vortex Plus is a great choice if you want an air fryer with both rotisserie and dehydrator functions.
While it can’t hold an entire roaster, it does easily rotisserie a smaller chicken. It’s perfect if you don’t want it to take up too much counter space!
Check out some of our other best air fryers with rotisserie for some additional great options.
This air fryer also has a dehydrate function, perfect especially for jerky making, but also great with fruits and veggies.
Just don’t slice things up too thin, as the powerful air circulation tends to throw them around (or you’ll need to weigh them down with an additional rack).
Two racks make it easy to batch cook, though I noticed if you really fill them up, the top layer doesn’t crisp like the bottom does.
Despite having two, I think it’s easier to use one rack at a time (though you could use the other as the aforementioned weight).
Easy dishwasher cleanup means you can use your Instant Vortex Plus regularly, which is great since it’s suitable for 2-4 people.
- 7 different functions including air fry, rotisserie, roast, and dehydrate
- Comes with two cooking trays for multi-level cooking
- 10-qt capacity holds a 2.5-lb chicken, and is suitable for 2-4 people
- Dishwasher safe interior parts for easy cleanup (plus a removable door!)
- Can’t load both trays up too much because it limits air circulation
- Powerful air tends to throw breading and very thin items around a lot
Also Available At
BEST BUDGET PICK
When it comes to the budget pick for the best air fryer dehydrator combo, we have the Chefman digital air fryer plus model.
This just over 6-qt unit is ideal for 2-4 people and is a solid choice for an air fryer that also dehydrates.
At just around $100 it’s a great price for a model that has 8 different cooking presets, and can dehydrate, rotisserie, air fry, and bake!
Two racks make it convenient to dehydrate up to two full oranges at once!
Cleanup is simple as well thanks to dishwasher safe parts.
Note that if you use the rotisserie a lot, you’ll need to empty the drip pan 2-3 times through the cooking cycle, because it simply isn’t big enough to hold everything.
However if dehydrating is your primary task, this Chefman model is perfect for that!
For some great recipes to try with the air fry function, make sure to check out these best Chefman air fryer recipes!
- 8 preset functions, including dehydrate and rotisserie
- Built in air filter reduces smells
- 2 removable racks allow you to dehydrate more at once
- Dishwasher safe cooking inserts for easy cleanup
- Digital controls with auto shutoff for safety
- Temperature adjusts from 90-400
- Around $100 price point
- The end cycle beep is extremely loud (not good for small or shared spaces)
- Drip tray isn’t deep enough to hold drippings from a full cook cycle
Also Available At
BEST COMPACT MODEL
The GoWise USA air fryer dehydrator is the best compact option. The sheer amount of cooking and dehydrating space you get in a relatively small footprint is impressive.
In just 13.5” of counter width, you have 5 trays for dehydrating or you can get an entire 6-lb chicken in the cooking area for the rotisserie.
It works well for fruits, vegetables, jerky, dog treats, or really anything else you want to dehydrate.
Plus, with all those racks, you can easily air fry your favorite finger foods and appetizers to feed a crowd.
Little suction cups on the bottom keep the unit from sliding around, which is great if you’re taking it places. However, if you’re trying to get the drip pan out it can actually be more annoying than helpful.
The front door needs to be fully open to get the drip tray out, which means you may need to drag it to the front of the counter to get enough space.
If you want one of the best air fryers that dehydrates while not taking up too much room or breaking the bank, then this GoWise USA model is a fantastic option.
Learn more about how to use a GOWise USA air fryer if this is your first one!
Also, enjoy some food inspiration by checking out my list of the best GoWISE air fryer recipes to try today!
- 5 included trays for dehydrating in quantity
- 6 other accessories
- Only 13.5” wide and 14.5” tall
- Huge 17-qt capacity great for families
- Adjustable temperature for both air frying and dehydrating
- Hold a 6-lb chicken for roasting
- Short power cord (about 12")
- Must be unplugged to turn off
- Bottom drip tray is difficult to remove
Also Available At
BEST FOR 2 PEOPLE
This Innsky IS-AF001 is a perfect air fryer dehydrator for 2 people. It nicely balances counter space with functionality.
Speaking of functions, it’s got 10 of them!
You can bake, air fry, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, grill, roast, and more with this all in one unit.
Adjustable time and temperature and tons of presets make cooking a breeze with this Innsky air fryer.
It has two removable racks, making it even easier to dehydrate foods (or air fry larger batches) with a drip tray for easy cleaning.
Speaking of cleaning, the entire front door comes off which is super handy. However, I struggled to get it back on and aligned correctly afterwards so it may be a double edged sword.
Can you feed more than 2 people with this air fryer? Yeah, you can.
However, when it comes to dehydrating specifically, the quantity it holds is perfect for two, which is why it gets my pick there.
- 10L capacity balance space with batch cooking
- 10 cooking modes and 10 present functions for easy use
- Comes with 14 accessories to cook a variety of foods
- All internal parts are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Auto shutoff for safety
- Door is glass so you can watch food cooking
- Removable door for easy cleaning
- Since door is glass, it can break more easily
- Only fits small chickens (3-lb or under) on the rotisserie
- Door is hard to get back in place after removal
Also Available At
BEST AIR FRYER DEHYDRATOR FOR FAMILIES
This Galanz air fryer toaster oven is the best air fryer dehydrator for families.
At a whopping 26 quart capacity it can really cook (or dehydrate) a lot of food!
Not only does it air fry and dehydrate, but it works as a toaster oven or broiler, and also bakes and makes pizza!
Adjustable time and temperature and 8 preset programs make using it very easy.
Quantity is where this air fryer dehydrator shines. A 12” pizza, 2 dozen wings, whole roaster chicken, or 6-8 slices of toast fit in at once. That’s enough to feed your whole crew!
It comes with 4 accessories, two of which are racks that can be used to dehydrate, thereby doubling your dehydration capacity.
You can fit about 12 slices of an orange per rack, so I find that it really helps reduce the number of batches needed.
Besides an excellent air fryer dehydrator combo, Galanz also makes other multi-functional appliances. See why they made the list in our best air fryer microwave combos as well!
- Adjustable time and temperature (up to 450 degrees)
- All internal parts dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Glass door and interior light make it easy to monitor food
- 8 preset cooking functions
- Easy to use knobs and digital display
- The notification buzzer (for heated, done, etc) is very loud
- Clock resets every time unit is unplugged (which should be after every use)
Also Available At
BEST FOR FRUIT
This Ultrean AF-12 air fryer toaster oven gets the pick for best air fryer dehydrator if you love fruit.
It’s got a huge, multi-tray configuration that allows you to fit a lot of slices of fruits, veggies, or even thinly sliced meats in.
In fact, with the overall capacity, you’ll be able to fit in 2-3 oranges at once. For a unit that’s not just a dehydrator that’s pretty great!
Speaking of other functions, this Ultrean unit also has a rotisserie and skewers for cooking meats, air fries your fries, and can even bake a cake. Now that’s versatile!
The racks have a lot of spaces for dirt to get into, but since it’s dishwasher safe I’ve noticed no issues with actually getting things cleaned.
My biggest complaint is the loud sound at the end of the cycle. No sleeping babies allowed with this thing around!
All in all, if you’re looking for an air fryer dehydrator combo that can help you with fruit but also still cook your other foods, then this Ultrean AF-12 is a great choice!
- Come with 8 preset functions, 8 accessories, and recipes
- Temperature adjusts from 150-400, perfect for dehydrating
- Functions including air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, and more
- 3 included racks create a lot of shelf space that’s perfect for dehydrating sliced fruits
- 12.5L capacity allows you to fit several fruits or other food simultaneously
- Clear window allows monitoring while cooking
- Food cooked on air fry setting seems dryer than a non-dehydrating air fryer
- Lots of parts and small spaces to clean
- Cycle finished alert is very loud and cannot be muted
Also Available At
Our first honorable mention for an air fryer dehydrator goes to the Breville BOV900BSS. This large air fryer (about 40 pounds!) is very powerful and cooks a lot of things really well.
It comes with two racks, and a few different trays for air frying and even up to a 13” pizza! It does not, however, have a rotisserie option.
The multi layer system and adjustable temperature make it great for dehydrating, as well as air frying, broiling, and more.
However, the Breville has a very high price point compared to some other models, and in my experience the door hardware has a tendency to fail after a couple years. To me, that doesn’t justify the price tag.
That said, though, it cooks incredibly well, very fast thanks to the upgraded heating element, and has the space to dehydrate multiple racks of food at once.
It also fulfills a lot of different appliance functions, and is super easy to operate.
So, in my mind, it’s worthy of an honorable mention when it comes to an air fryer that dehydrates.
If you do pick up this or any other Breville unit, make sure to check out our best Breville air fryer recipes to get you started!
- Features an incredibly powerful quartz heating element
- 13 cooking presets allow for a huge variety of functions
- Holds an entire 13 x 9 casserole dish
- Temperature adjusts from 120-480°F
- Comes with 5 accessories
- Requires a lot of power (about 16.5 amps)
- Releases steam around doors while cooking
- Door has a tendency to fail after a while
Also Available At
The Emeril Lagasse Power air fryer 360 is a great multifunction oven. It’s got a lot of different cooking programs, making it much more than just an air fryer dehydrator combo.
You can toast, roast, bake, air fry, dehydrate, cook a pizza, and more!
It even holds a small casserole dish to reduce the times you need to fire up the traditional oven.
Several racks make it easy to air fry or dehydrate several things at once. However, the heating element is on the bottom of this air fryer, and that makes it extremely easy to drip or drop food onto it.
The drop pan also doesn’t hold enough to cook an entire bird on the rotisserie, and unless you catch it and dump it mid cook cycle, it just dumps all the grease onto the heating element.
However, the Emeril air fryer does a great job of actually cooking. Just, for the higher price point I wish it did everything well.
If you’re just looking for an air fryer that dehydrates, I’d still recommend it, which is why the Power 360 gets an honorable mention for best air fryer dehydrators.
Make sure to check out some of the best Emeril Lagasse air fryer recipes you can try, whether you happen to have one of his air fryers or not!
- 9 cooking functions and 12 preset programs
- 5 accessories included
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleanup
- Holds 6 slices of toast or an entire turkey in the base (though only a 4 lb bird fits on the rotisserie)
- Holds up to a 9x9” baking pan
- Clear window for food monitoring
- Controls are not always intuitive and it can be difficult to learn
- Easy to drop food onto heating elements, which cause smell and/or smoke
- The drip tray needs emptying mid cook cycle on rotisserie to prevent overflow
Also Available At
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Dehydrators
Do Air Fryers Make Good Dehydrators?
Air fryers make good dehydrators, as long as they’re properly equipped to.
A true air fryer dehydrator combo is going to have dedicated functions for both that can be toggled between on the unit.
Thankfully, the same racks that make an air fryer great for finger foods also work well for dehydrating.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a special dehydrate setting, then it would need to be able to run at a lower temperature.
The ideal temperature for food dehydration is around 140°F (Source). Not all air fryers can be set that low (and some can’t be set at all).
As long as your air fryer has a dehydrate function or can be manually adjusted to the correct temperature for dehydration, then it’s a good dehydrator as well as air fryer.
How Long Does it Take to Dehydrate Food in an Air Fryer?
How long it takes to dehydrate food in the air fryer largely depends on what you’re dehydrating.
The size and moisture content of the food makes a huge difference. That said, it will normally take somewhere between 20 minutes and 8 hours to dehydrate food in an air fryer.
The only exception to this really are herbs. Take for example dehydrating parsley in the air fryer. Herbs can actually be cooked to dehydrate, so they can be at a higher temperature than a standard dehydration setting.
As such, herbs generally only take 2-3 minutes to dehydrate in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Dehydrator Shopping Guide
Now that we’ve discussed some of the best air fryers that also dehydrate, let’s talk about some of the specific features you’ll want to pay attention to.
Whether you’re trying to choose from the list above or comparing on your own, these tips will help you narrow the field.
Size is of incredible importance when shopping for an air fryer dehydrator combo.
I’m not just talking about the space that it takes up on the counter, though depending on your kitchen size that is a consideration.
What I really mean here is the internal size of the air fryer, generally referenced in quarts or liters. The larger the unit, the more food you can air fry or dehydrate at once.
A 4-qt is suitable for 1-2 people, air fryers ranging from 6-10 quarts handle 2-4 pretty well, and above 10 is where you’ll want to be for a large family or if you dehydrate a lot of things.
The more you can fit into your air fryer without overlapping, the fewer batches you’ll need to get through. Which, if you’re dehydrating a food that takes literal hours, this is crucial!
The next thing to keep an eye out for in air fryers that dehydrate are the accessories - specifically, racks or trays.
What good is a huge size air fryer if you can’t add racks of some kind to create layers and let you get more food in there?
You can’t just dump a pile of fruit slices in a giant pile and hope for the best.
To properly dehydrate (or cook for that matter) you need air space around each piece of food.
Look for an air fryer dehydrator that has ample rack space to lay out several layers, and it’s even better if they’re adjustable height.
That way, you can accommodate both thick and thin foods depending on what you’re working on.
3. Heat Adjustment Settings or Dedicated Dehydrate Function
As I mentioned before in the FAQs, one of the things that determines whether an air fryer is a good dehydrator or not is the heat settings.
Those units with a dedicated dehydrate cooking function will automatically lower their temperature to a suitable level for dehydration.
The key is to heat the food at a temperature that’s high enough to remove moisture, but low enough to not actually cook the food.
If the air fryer doesn’t have an actual dehydrate setting, it may still work. You’ll need to know if the temperature is adjustable (yes, there are some budget models where it is not) and then what the range of temperatures is.
Many household air fryers start the scale somewhere between 200° - 300°F, which is too warm for dehydrating!
You’ll need a unit that gets down at least to 140°F, though even lower can make it more versatile.
In that case, look for air fryers that have a “warm” function, which is used to hold cooked food at temperature before serving. Often, these units are able to be dropped to that lower temperature needed for dehydrating.
All of the models on this list of the best air fryer dehydrators, though, have dedicated dehydration programs, so you don’t need to worry!
Now that we’ve covered some of the best air fryers that dehydrate out there, I hope you’re ready to make some fruit chips, jerky, or whatever you desire!
When you’re not busy dehydrating, you’ll be able to air fry some delicious snacks and meals with a crispy crust and less oil than the deep fryer.
An air fryer dehydrator combo is a perfect multi-functional tool that fits a number of cuisines and cooking styles.
If you enjoy both air frying and dehydrating foods, then this is the perfect choice for you!